Today we talk to Kaisa tuominen, specialist in physical activity during pregnancy and in everything related to the preparation of childbirth. Some of the topics we cover:
- Benefits of exercise for mother and baby.
- Myths that persist about the risks of physical activity.
- Exercise guidelines for each phase of pregnancy.
- Preparation for childbirth, both physically and psychologically.
- Key physiological aspects of giving birth.
- Postpartum recovery.
- Exercises for pelvic floor and abdominals.
- And much more.
For more information, check out the Mamás En Forma program and their Facebook page.
You can also listen to the episode on iVoox or iTunes.
Recent recommendations on physical activity in pregnancy (ACOG 2015, IOC 2016 part I, IOC 2016 part II)
Carolina Walker study on reducing the risk of injuries during childbirth.