Every runner have felt the annoying side stitches; a strong stitch on one of your sides (below the ribs).
You’ve probably tried to put up with the pain, but it was so annoying that they force you to stop running.
SIDE STITCHES: HOW TO PREVENT
To avoid suffering from these pains, we recommend:
– Make a good warm-up .
– Start your workouts slow, adn gradually increase the pace.
– Have a controlled breathing.
– Avoid running on a full stomach.
HOW TO DEAL WITH THE SIDE STITCHES
– Direct pressure: This is the most effective and simple remedy, press with your hand in the area of pain for a few minutes the pain will stop.
– Deep and synchronized breathing: Synchronize your breathing with your steps and help eliminate this pain. Surprisingly it has direct effects on stitch corridor.
[wc_box color=”inverse” text_align=”left”]
flickr photo by Rennett Stowe http://flickr.com/photos/tomsaint/3752937440 shared under a Creative Commons (BY) license